The conference “GameOn: Education and Creative Industry” aims to bring together higher education and industry practitioners from the field of Game Design and Development. During the event they will share experiences and explore the challenges of implementing the Game Design in the curriculum of Higher Education Institution and how industry can impact on it.
GameOn provides a two-day forum of discussion and collaboration between academics, researchers, K-12 teachers and creative industry, trying to bridge the gap between academic applications and society and industry needs and demands.
The conference will be organized 5-6 October in Kyiv, Ukraine. It is first international event of biannual conference series which is starting in Ukraine.
Although the participation in the GameOn conference is free of charge, the registration is required.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Innovative games-based learning technologies, applications, tools and environments
- Use of mobile games for learning
- Learning and instructional theory for games-based learning
- Use of audio
- Key game platforms of today & tomorrow
- Gender, age, cultural and violence issues
- “Serious” games
- Use of narrative and storytelling
- Innovative marketing strategies including social, influence, search & discovery optimization
- Technology and implementation issues associated with game design
- Making games and services for managing communities
- Programming: core engine techniques, advances in world simulation, automated testing in games and game engines
Submission for full papers and workshops: Friday, May 11, 2018
Notification of acceptance: Friday, June 29, 2018
Registration: until Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Camera-ready due: Friday, September 28, 2018
Conference dates: Thursday, October 4 – Friday, October 5, 2018
Cultural Event: Saturday, October 6, 2018
Conference Language , Review Process and Publications
The official languages of the Conference is Ukrainian and English. The articles will be under blind peer review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal “Управління розвитком складних систем”, focused collection “ICT in Higher Education”. The editorial guidelines for submissions : [Ukrainian] and [Paper_Guidelines].
The articles will be published under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
Andrii Biloshchytskyi (Kyiv National University of Construction and Architecture / Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine)
Oleksandr Kuchanskyi (Kyiv National University of Construction and Architecture, Ukraine)
Volodymyr Sherstiuk (Kherson National Technical University, Ukraine)
Olga Dziabenko (University of Deusto, Spain)